Jobvite is an end-to-end Talent Acquisition Suite that takes a marketing-first approach to intelligently attract dream candidates, automatically screen for the highest quality, engage employees invested in the future, and retain the people who care the most about your organization by combining the power of AI and the human touch. Jobvite is proud to serve a broad range of customers including Zappos, JPMorgan Chase, Ingram Micro, Trek Bikes, Panasonic, and GE Appliances.
What you will do:
Jobvite is seeking a Senior Engineer to develop, improve, and monitor our growing cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this role has experience in developing tools and automation for maintaining services at scale and enabling the delivery of mission critical web sites with various underlying services. The individual in this role will be a member of a cloud engineering team tasked with the deliver highly available and scalable services.
- As a member of the cloud engineering team you get to build the cloud infrastructure in which our Jobvite applications run
- Build the tools that run the platform and developers depend upon to build, deploy, and monitor solutions to customer needs
- Participate in the cloud operations events such as code deployments, and help create the automations to simplify them
- Be able to improve your skills using the latest and greatest cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker and AWS managed services
- Helps us solve our capacity, scalability and performance issues by improving our platform
- Participate in our distributed on-call rotation
What you should have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 4+ year’s experience building large scale systems
- Proven backend development skills with experience in python/ruby/java
- Solid experience with at least one test automation framework, and fluency in one language used to write tests (python,java , ruby, etc.)
- A strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Willing to work in Infrastructure Engineering teams, provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent critical issues.
- Knowledge on Linux administration, Kubernetes, Docker or other container orchestration framework
- Experience with puppet/chef
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools using Python, Java or Bash
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Apache, Elastic Search, Memcached.
- Knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
- Strong hands-on experience on Kubernetes (AWS EKS/ Azure AKS)
- Service Mesh technology such as Istio and/or AWS App Mesh
**This position is eligible for permanently remote employees based in the US or Canada**