Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process — from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, Trek, LinkedIn, CDW, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Audible & Feeding America, since 2006.
What you will do:
Jobvite is seeking a DevOps Engineer to develop, improve, and monitor our growing cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this role has experience in developing tools and automation for maintaining services at scale and enabling the delivery of mission critical web sites with various underlying services. The individual in this role will be a member of a cloud engineering team tasked with the deliver highly available and scalable services.
- As a member of the cloud engineering team you get to build the cloud infrastructure in which our Jobvite applications run
- You will get to build the tools that monitor, deploy and manage our web applications and backend systems
- Participate in the cloud operations events such as code deployments, and help create the automations to simplify them
- Be able to improve your skills using the latest and greatest cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker and AWS managed services
- Helps us solve our capacity, scalability and performance issues by improving our platform
- Participate in our distributed on-call rotation
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of experience as DevOps Engineer or Service Engineering on Linux/Unix servers in a 24x7 environment (Ubuntu/Amazon Linux/etc).
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services management. Especially EC2, VPC, S3, Cloudformation, Elasticsearch, EKS, SQS, SNS, and Route53.
- Extensive experience supporting web applications in Rails and Java stacks
- Experienced in systems management tools such as Chef / Puppet
- Very strong scripting and automation skills (ruby and/or python and/or bash)
- Experience with monitoring/reporting technologies like Nagios, Cloudwatch, NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Experience with web application environments, and the fundamentals of running them such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Previous experience with hosting enterprise systems using open-source technologies in 24/7 environments
- Strong documentation skills because we like to be able to log, audit, and replicate our work
- Quick Analytic skills for solving complex problems, understanding dependencies and deducing the root issue
- Your positive teammate attitude that thrives in environments were collaborations and sharing is the spirit of our everyday work
- Your inquisitive and curious nature. We love people that want to research, learn and share the knowledge with the rest of the team
- For a bonus, familiarity with different data stores including Aurora, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Solr, RDS