Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR, Lever and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 17,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit www.employinc.com.
Our Corporate Controller is ready to welcome a strong partner to support our global controllership organization. We’ve achieved a lot to date but we’re at the stage where we need to focus on efficiency in our financial, treasury, and accounting operations. As our global assistant controller, you’ll have a team behind you to help drive impact across the company. Our lean accounting team has built out the function so far, but you’ll have the ability to partner directly with the corporate controller and drive accounting operations for a growing SaaS enterprise company that is set to continue to grow aggressively.
What you will do:
- In this role, you will assist the controller to oversee multiple financial functions, translating our financial strategies into action, plans, reporting requirements, procedures and processes
- Assists the Controller in managing day-to-day accounting operations, including the general ledger, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, commissions, cash management, equity accounting and tax.
- Drives the financial close process and preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules to deliver accurate and timely results.
- Identify gaps and implement improved accounting systems to assist in migration to NetSuite within the first year.
- Build stage appropriate roadmap to implement and improve processes and controls to scale the accounting function; safeguard assets as well as monitor their consistent application.
- Owns the analysis and adoption of new accounting pronouncements and all other technical accounting matters.
- A primary goal of this role will be to reduce inefficiencies: shorten the accounting close process, execute process redesign activities, and deploy Netsuite
- Develop, execute, and maintain/monitor global financial systems and processes
- Support and coordinate all internal and external audit activity
- Support M&A work, identify possible issues and necessary remediation steps, due-diligence, develop and lead accounting integrations plans
What you will bring:
- BA in Accounting
- CPA designation
- 10+ years of experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience
- Experience and comfort in building systems and controls from the ground-up in a high-growth, start-up environment; SaaS, B2B, high-tech preferred
- NetSuite a plus
- Desire to roll-up your sleeves, prioritize work, execute plans, and drive deliverables
- Effective oral and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to hire, manage, and mentor high-performing teams
- Collaborative working style with colleagues across the organization while confident to make and own critical decisions
- Results and solutions-oriented self-starter mentality
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP including software revenue recognition
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and transparent, and a strong communicator - able to present finance information clearly and concisely
- Experience scaling accounting functions and systems
- Embraces working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
What you will get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance benefits
- PTO – including Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- An experience you will cherish forever
Employ is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Employ is an EVerify employer.