Indianapolis, IN, United States
Finance & Accounting | Perm Full-time
Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR, Lever and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 12,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit us at www.employinc.com.
Reporting to Senior Accounting Manager of Revenue & A/R, the Billings Specialist will play a critical role in supporting the day-to-day operations of the accounting revenue department as the company continues to grow. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, high energy employee who looks forward to working in a rapidly changing environment and wants to make a difference every day.
Responsibilities may include:
- Perform weekly/monthly/quarterly customer billings within ERP system.
- Set up customers in ERP system.
- Establish appropriate revenue recognition for invoices.
- Follow established and evolving procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiencies and processes.
- Assist in month-end close as directed by Senior Accounting Manager, including certain reconciliations of internal systems to ensure proper and complete capture of revenue, credit memos and other month-end close duties as assigned.
- Contract setup and monitoring for changes/additions/expirations (ensuring proper financial coding)
- Maintain/update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems, make recommendations to foster organization and efficient workflow.
- Other duties assigned, including but not limited to sorting and distributing incoming mail, assist with annual audits.
What you will bring:
- 2+ years of experience in Billings.
- Undergraduate degree or higher.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness and detect errors.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Sage Intacct, Netsuite, Salesforce, DealHub experience a plus
- Superior attention to detail working with large volume of data.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization.
- A natural curiosity to learn, apply accounting guidelines, makes informed decisions and appropriate actions.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Proficient ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
Employ is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Employ is an EVerify employer.